When Robin Fleming of Anvl got together with Luke Jacobs (co-founder & CEO) and Brandon Barlow of Encamp to talk about digital transformation for EHS teams and environmental compliance, their Campfire Session was more than informative.
It was a real-world look at how digital transformation continues to change the way work gets done — including environmental compliance.
Robin is Anvl’s co-founder and CEO. She’s also an authority on digital technology and how businesses use it to more effectively collect, analyze, and apply data of all kinds. And not surprisingly, Anvl’s platform for data management mirrors the Encamp platform and its powerful combination of data management and automation for environmental compliance and reporting.
Both platforms are digital transformation at its best. Watch the video to learn why.
Making the move
Digital technology dates back to 1970s and the Digital Revolution. But for many EHS teams and environmental compliance, the digital movement is still in the early adoption stage. Some takeaways from the video to lead your EHS team through digital transformation (DT):
- Next-gen digital tools are designed primarily for front-line workers, often with their input. These tools are most effective when they compliment a process, such as real-time data collection.
- User engagement is vital to DT success. Younger-generation users welcome digital technology (they’ve been raised in a digital world), while older workers tend to resist it (“We’ve always used spreadsheets…”)
- Software as a Service, or SaaS, is central to DT. SaaS-based platforms like Encamp (and Anvl) deploy quickly, and easily scale to multiple locations for the environmental compliance process. There’s no hardware or software to install at any facility.
- SaaS apps are constantly updated and deployed, meaning end-users always have the newest version — and functionality — of the software they’re using.
Start your digital transformation journey
- Prioritize problems to be solved, and consider “quick hit” solutions first.
- Detail expected outcomes, for users as well as the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement using a well-planned, measurable strategy.
- Set a time period for DT progress. 2 years? 5 years? Less?
Associated Encamp blogs
Anvl helps unlock critical data in real-time by connecting frontline workers and supervisors through a single, easy-to-use platform. The Anvl solution includes real-time data collection, in-the-moment guidance, alerts and analytics — supporting positive changes, productivity improvements, & cost and time savings.