Just to be ready for March 1 Tier II submissions, preparation for Tier II reporting and EPCRA compliance has become a year-round process. Many of the people at Encamp come from environmental compliance and EHS consulting backgrounds, so we’ve done plenty of Tier II reporting ourselves.
And trust us. In collectively having prepared and filed thousands of Tier II reports, we’ve used a lot of spreadsheets.
That’s why our mission is to simplify Tier II and EPCRA reporting and make your life easier. Arrange one of our walkthrough demos for Encamp’s modern environmental compliance platform and you’ll see what we mean. But our mission is also to never stop improving on what we’ve done thus far —including working with spreadsheets and Excel in particular.
See if this sounds familiar.
- Your pain point: Using spreadsheets and other manual processes to compile data for Tier II reporting is tedious and time consuming. It leaves room to make mistakes. Worse is copying and pasting the same information into reporting forms for upwards of 50 different state portals. Which also takes time you don’t always have in your workday schedule.
- Your dream solution: A single digital platform to manage data, make it more visible and easy to access, and automate the reporting and submission process for Tier II and EPCRA. If such an end-to-end platform could “play nice” with spreadsheets, all the better.
The Encamp platform does just that. Let’s look at how importing and exporting Excel files on our platform makes for an easier Tier II reporting process.
Start with a unified way to manage all Tier II reports
- Balance your entire profile
o At each facility, know exactly who’s doing what
o Assign reporting tasks to specific persons, including reviewers
- If updates, our platform’s intuitive dashboard steps you through the process
o Update your product catalog
o Add products
Make Excel your friend
- Import Excel files into the Encamp platform in seconds
o Format spreadsheets using built-in Excel templates
- Validate all spreadsheet information — no info that “doesn’t make sense”
- Include top-line products consisting of different ingredients
o Ingredients are in a pull-down pick list
- Make updates easily, and then directly upload the updated details to Encamp
- For organizations with several locations, export and circulate Excel data just as easily
Track your reporting status
- Everything is categorized
o Basic info, regulatory info, products, contacts at each facility, more
- Note the reports status list in the sidebar… you always know what’s done, and what isn’t
That’s it for now. As we say, our compliance management platform was created by EHS professionals for EHS professionals. You know, to make your Tier II reporting life easier.