Getting Tier II reports ready to submit to state and local regulatory agencies for EPCRA compliance isn’t always easy. But at least we’ve made our list of 8 Tips easy to help you get prepared and comply with confidence. (And knowing Tier II is a year-round process, we even wrote an associated blog that offers still more helpful tips.)
- Download our helpful Tier II Guide. It’s free, and it spells out what you need to know for reporting accuracy.
- Verify Tier II reporting requirements by state to see if a state has changed any of its reporting guidelines, like thresholds, reporting portal, LEPC contact, etc.
- If your state requires files to be in Tier2 Submit format, download the newest version of Tier2 Submit (the newest version is for Reporting Year 2020).
- Start gathering your purchasing records and other inventory information to compile your data for Tier II reports.
- Make sure there are no new products to add to your inventory from last year. If there are, your state may require the product’s Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to be submitted as well.
- Also check to see if you’ve stopped storing any chemicals in a facility so you can remove them from your reporting.
- If your state requires a site plan, be sure to update it if needed with any changes in chemical storage location or other requirements.
- Compare your report to last year’s to see if they’re similar in amounts and chemicals. If there are significant differences, make any necessary changes.
We’re here to help for Tier II
If you need more help, Encamp’s Customer Success experts can answer your questions and offer additional reporting insights. Collectively, our team has filed thousands of Tier II reports for EPCRA compliance, so we know what you’re up against. As we say, let’s hit the reporting trail — together.
Transforming the way enterprises stay in compliance
Encamp is on a mission to create a world where good for business can equal good for the environment. We help enterprises transform compliance programs and human processes into a technology-driven system that lays the foundation for accurate and ongoing environmental compliance through a blended method of intelligent high-tech solutions and high-touch expert support.